Terry's GIS Studies and Transition to a New Career

Friday, February 28, 2020

Summary of Final Project--Storymap

This was a very time-intensive project that brought all lessons learned in GIS 4043/5050. It was very rewarding and I continued the learning process throughout the design, research, analysis, and map production.

There are many lessons learned that I have captured in previous posts. As part of the project, I created a Cascade Storymap from ArcGIS Online. Though this had some excellent tools and attributes, I wish it had functionality a little closer to Power Point or other presentation tools. However, I do like that you can place an interactive map into the presentation.

Here are some of the tools I would recommend to be integrated:
--Ability to change font.
--Manipulation of each section to include picture placement, text location, etc.
--Ability to remove or re-position titles of slides.

The URL to my Cascade Map is:  http://arcg.is/1PPmK0

Below is my summary map that displays all criteria analyzed during this project. This summary map is also integrated into my Cascade Storymap as an immersive map.

Summary Map of Bobwhite-Manatee Transmission Project.
All features are added to this map and all symbology is consistent with
previous maps. This map is a "one-pager" that brings all criteria together and
presents the overall analysis.
Bottom line, the corridor meets all criteria and balances the need for additional
electrical power capacity with the impact on the environment and community.

No comments:

Post a Comment