Terry's GIS Studies and Transition to a New Career

Friday, February 28, 2020

Criteria 4--Length of Corridor

This portion of the project was quite easy. Again, I used imagery and previous feature classes in order to keep my colors and symbols consistent.

I created a new line feature and called it "PC Midline" and used the Project tool to make sure it had the same coordinate system as my base map.

To obtain the length, I used the Attribute Table and selected Statistics. This gave me the length, which I had to convert to miles. By my measure, the corridor was 24.52 miles.

As an optional task, I determined the overall project cost. To do this, I downloaded the MISO guide and estimated costs. This was a very easy to follow guide that took into account right of way costs, land preparation, foundation construction, tower components, etc. Though I am positive that I missed many aspects of the cost analysis, my estimate was approximately $21.1 million versus FPL's estimate of $20 million.

Imagery Map with PC Midline and Analysis of Length and Cost.
This map retains all features of previous maps and adds a purple midline
feature to the corridor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment